Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Bachelor

I've already stated that this blog will be about everything or nothing.

On the nothing side here are my feelings on the Bachelor.

I know, I know. Yes I did watch this season. I haven't watched in years but just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in. I caught some of the Bachelorette, and thought that DeAnna was nuts to let Jason go. I especially thought it was cruel that she let him get down on one knee and let him stay there for as long as she did. So I hoped this season would end in Jason happy.

Let me just say it sucks all around right now but there are no absolute rights and wrongs. Things are never black and white or as simple as people want them to be. I've always taken issue with the show ending in a ring just weeks after two people meet. The bachelors that gave promise rings had it right. But people want the full happy ending and that includes a proposal. Given Jason's reaction to saying goodbye to Molly he never should have proposed to Melissa. I can also see how it a situation like that you can get carried away and not have time to stop and analyze your feelings. Production schedules are set and they needed to wrap the show.

I can also see how things and feelings could change after the cameras went away. Some of the excitement would go away with the exotic dates and big houses. Everyone has been in the spot where at the beginning of a relationship you think you've found "Mr. or Mrs. Right" and then things change and the chemisty just isn't the same. In reality people break up or end engagements all the time. This breakup was on TV.

I have to give some respect to Jason for ending things as soon as he knew that the relationship was going to end. It wasn't going to work out so he ended it. What else could he do? Stay in the relationship until people have moved on to something else and then break it off?

He was honest and he knew he was going to get slammed for it. Slammed by Melissa and slammed by the media and the public. You have to wonder how many other Bachelors have know prior to the "After the final rose" show that the relationship wasn't working out but played the happy couple until the cameras and the public turned away.

Don't get me wrong I think it would suck to be Melissa and have some one breakup with me on national tv only to say they would like a shot at girl # 2. I'm not sure that Jason was obligated to break up with Melissa on screen or not, but lets face it he'd already broken up with what? Something like 14 other "amazing" women already. I also think that Melissa had to know that it wasn't working. I don't think she got blind sided. I do think it might have been better if he spoke to Molly privately after the show and told her his feelings and then have them lay low for awhile. I think what most people are upset about is the dumping of Melissa and resuming things with Molly with in minutes.

Everyone now needs to go back to their own lives and let it go. Melissa is apparently moving on with her life and so should everyone else. People make mistakes. No one goes through life with out being hurt or hurting some one else.

Let Jason and Molly have their shot.

Those are my thoughts........

No comments:

Post a Comment